Garden Connect

6 February 2013

Having a webshop means more than having to move boxes your supplier drops at your garden centre. It should help you to build a better business and to get more visitors. At the moment, you are mainly making your money through your garden centre and not online?

Having a webshop gives the consumer the ability to research information before they make a buying decision. It is proven that the researching starts hours, days or even weeks before consumers finally visit your garden centre. Over 80% of the choices made by the consumers before they purchase products (except food) , are more or less influenced by the internet, shows a research of Experian.

The good news is only a small part of all these decisions result in an online purchase. The majority of the consumers prefer to visit a bricks & mortar store to purchase their products. It gets even better, since only 12% of the consumers thought a visit would result in better value of money. The other 88% percent is happy to pay a premium for an in store experience. We do say it quite often at Garden Connect but this survey proves it again. Price should not be your only weapon as there is always someone else who can do the same for less.

Regardless of where the final purchase is made, across channels it’s clear that today’s online consumer is much more informed of the products and services available, using available resources to investigate and refine their search to the specific product they want to buy. This behavior cuts right across all groups of consumers!
Your consumers deserve to see what you offer, so get more people coming to your garden centre today via your online shop!

State of the Industry Update (September 2021)

Get our exclusive State of the Industry Update

Discover how to be successful in a post-Covid-19 world with more than 50 facts and figures from the industry.
 
Download
Get more people in your garden centre via your webshop
State of the Industry Update (September 2021)

Get our exclusive State of the Industry Update

Discover how to be successful in a post-Covid-19 world with more than 50 facts and figures from the industry.
 
Download