Online marketing trends 2023
New online marketing trends will continue to surface in 2023. It is difficult to predict exactly what will happen because technology is developing rapidly, but we have listed the main trends we expect to happen for you.
Below, we have 6 online marketing trends for you that we expect to become even more important in 2023.
Personalisation and individualisation
More and more companies and shops will try to personalise and individualise their marketing strategies to meet the needs of their target audience better. This can be done, for example, by using data and technologies such as artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning to personalise the content and messages of marketing campaigns.
- Offers based on previous purchases
- Customisable emails
- Recommended products based on browsing history
- Personalised recommendations on social media
- Personalised search results
Some of these things are already possible to apply in our platform, for example, by using Personal Marketing to trigger emails based on customer behaviour.
Use of video and online streaming
Video and online streaming are still likely to be popular in 2023, especially on social media and YouTube. Companies are expected to make more use of these channels to spread their marketing messages and interact with their target audience. But does this mean that you should put funny videos on TikTok? It's not that bad, mind you.
We have a few suggestions for you on how to use video for your garden centre:
- Product videos
- Livestreams of events
- Video ads
- Interviews with customers and employees
- Tutorials, for example, on plant care
So there are many ways how you can utilise video and use it as a successful marketing channel in 2023!
Social media and influencer marketing
Social media will probably still be an essential channel for online marketing in 2023. Influencer marketing, where you partner with influencers on social media to promote products or services, is also likely to continue to grow.
- Using regional micro-influencers, for example, well-known gardeners or groups of gardeners
- More interaction with customers via social media
- Linking your webshop with your social channels and requesting customers to post photos of products they bought from you on their socials
The power of social media will continue to grow in 2023. As a garden centre, decide which channels you want to use and develop a good strategy.
Use of chatbots and messaging apps
Chatbots and messaging apps will become more popular in 2023, as they offer an easy way to interact with and help customers. A chatbot can help customers, provided you set it up properly, of course:
- Answer practical questions
- Make recommendations (which soil can be used with this specific plant?)
- Provide updates on webshop orders
- Measure customer satisfaction
More and more companies are combining a chatbot with messaging apps so that you have a good mix of automation and personal customer service.
Using virtual and augmented reality (VR and AR)
Virtual and augmented reality (VR and AR) will increasingly be used in online marketing, for example, to demonstrate products or services or to give customers a realistic experience.
We ourselves have tools to implement Augmented Reality since 2021, allowing you to sell more garden furniture or artificial Christmas trees. We also know that Virtual Reality is being used in the garden industry. For example, to tour a newly built garden centre before you commit to the actual building of it.
Parties like Apple, Google and Facebook are investing heavily in VR and AR, so its use is expected to grow substantially.
Use of artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning
Artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning will be increasingly used in online marketing in 2023, for instance, to collect and analyse data, personalise campaigns and measure the effectiveness of marketing efforts.
We ourselves are already using this in our platform and within our services:
- Automatic customer segmentation within loyalty cards, together with NedFox
- Analysing keywords for the purpose of search engine optimisation
- Discovering trends and datasets
But also to write news articles, as 70% of this article was written by our own AI tool. Not bad, right?